ABOUT COLLEGE FARM
N.S. Agricultural College Farm is of 110 acres which includes wetland, wood land in which we can notice flooded area, scarce water zone, enclosure with garden of fruit trees, arboretum and forest trees from closed canopy that provide extensive and nearly continuous shade which provides scientific knowledge for the student community. INM, IPM, Organic farming, zero budget natural farming are the recent advances in the field of agriculture where we are implementing all these methods for production of crops which provides immense knowledge to the students and it will in turn useful for the farmers in using recent technologies from increasing production and productivity in State of Andhra Pradesh.Read More
NS Agricultural College, established in 2016 by NS Educational Society, Markapur under
affiliation to Acharya N.G. Agricultural University (ANGRAU), Guntur, AP. This college is a team of faculty and staff dedicated to impart good education to students and to serve for the
benefit of farmers of Prakasam district. Climatic diversity and the facilities available in the
district provide opportunities for growing all the arid zone crops such as millets, vegetables
and fruit crops. College offers high quality education and training to the students to equip them with the skills needed to be successful in choosing satisfying and high paying careers.
Faculty of Nsagri covers educational and scientific/research activities in the area of farming, fruit growing and viticulture, livestock, soil management, crop protection and food products, food technology, agricultural techniques and biochemistry.
Our vision & mission
• To provide quality education and skills to the youth to perceive their careers in the field
• Strengthening the education of agriculture to meet the challenges of changing scenario
• To serve farmers by imparting training on improved farm production technologies and
increased income for better livelihood.
• The college provides comprehensive academic support, financial assistance and personalized out reach efforts in order to serve community of students, faculty & staff.
• In addition, by utilizing highly effective business, administrative and student information systems, the office provides advocacy for the colleges academic departments & programme.
Why N.S. Agriculture
• Agriculture education is true teaching of agriculture, natural resources and land management through hands on experience and guidance to prepare students for entry level jobs and further advanced agriculture jobs.
• N.S.Agriculture College is located at Markapur Southern part of Prakasam Dist, Andhra Pradesh where one can know about diversified agriculture.
• We can come across a wide variety of crops which includes cereals, pulses, oilseeds, cash crops and Horticulture crops. This form diversification is rich in Prakasam Dist.
• This college has 110 acres of land where the students can get sound exposure related to different crops, cropping patterns, water management practices, and land management practices.
NADELLA SUBRAMANYAM, Bsc
Our vision is based on hard work, open communication, a strong emphasis on teamwork and high level of responsibilities. The vision of our institute lays emphasis on our wards not only to adopt the present day challenges but also individual responsibilities to the society.
NADELLA CHANDRA MOULI, B.E.
He is a well educated, worked in software industry for 15 years. He has travelled many countries like U.S.A., U.K. as part of the work. He has returned to India few years back in interest of developing agricultural activities at his native place. He has started growing agricultural form using organic methods.Read More
Dr. M MALLIKARJUNA REDDY
I have published 21 Research papers in reputed journals, 30 popular articles in different journals & magazines and contributed one book chapter for the book ‘Advances in Mango cultivation’. I am involved in development and release of 3 rice varieties. I have participated in number of seminars/symposia /conferences/ workshops and presented posters in three conferences.Read More
What Our Students Say
We care what our students think of us and so should you. We are partners in students growth and their success.